Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goat Cheese Marinara Dip

The picture does not do this justice, but I promise that it is still tasty! I love goat cheese, and I love dipping things into marinara sauce. So as soon as I saw this appetizer, I knew I would love it. This dip is great with pita chips, melba toasts, sliced bread, and so on. I have brought it to a couple different gatherings, and I always bring home an empty dish. This recipe is from Kellie's Kitchen.

You will need:
*goat cheese
(the amount can vary depending on the portion you want. I used a 4oz log of herbed goat cheese)
*marinara Sauce
*2 teaspoons minced garlic
*olive oil to drizzle
*cracked black pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Divide goat cheese into 4 balls. (You may need more, depending on the amount you are working with)
3. Put the round goat cheese in a small shallow baking dish, and pour your marinara sauce around the goat cheese. You do not want to cover the cheese balls.
4. Add the minced garlic and olive oil around the goat cheese balls. Then, add a little fresh cracked pepper on top.
5. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
6.Serve with any bread/cracker combination that you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment