Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thai Chicken

I am sorry I have not updated this blog all week. We have had one of those unpredictable weeks where something seemed to pull one or both of us away from our dinner plans each night. There were a couple nights this week where a bowl or cereal was all I had time to make! I am really hoping that things settle down, so I can stick to next week's menu plan. This Thai Chicken was amazing. The sauce reminded us of a dish we both enjoy from the Thai restaurant across the street. I found this recipe on Kelly's Kitch (who adapted it from: Biggest Book of 30-Minute Meals by Better Homes & Garden) and knew that the peanut butter sauce would be a winner. Finally blogging about this recipe has inspired me to put it on our menu again soon.

You will need:
*4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I use cutlets)
*4 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
*1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
*3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk+
(+Market Basket does not carry unsweetened! Stop & Shop and Shaw's both do)
*1/4 tsp black pepper
*1/4 tsp ground ginger
*1 tbsp cooking oil
*1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts

1) In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger and pepper. Set aside.

2) In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly. (I then put the chicken in the oven at 250 to stay warm) Add green onions to warm skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender. Stir in sauce mixture, stirring until bubbly. Remove from heat.

3) Place chicken on plate and spread sauce over top. Sprinkle with peanuts to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment