Saturday, March 27, 2010

Breakfast Cups

I am not a big breakfast person. In fact, I do not really like breakfast that is hot. Odd, I know. Dave loves weekend breakfast, and I am trying to find more recipes that I enjoy. I am slowly getting a craving for bacon or eggs every once in awhile, so I am not eating cereal or yogurt 365 days a year anymore. Baby steps, but it is working! These breakfast cups are another recipe from Annie's Eats. We enjoyed these on a sunny Saturday morning. I have had this recipe saved for a little while, and I didn't realize just how easy these are to make. If you have some extra time on a week day morning, (which I never do!) you could probably make these for breakfast.

You can alter the recipe to make as many cups as you want. I made us 4, so the ingredients indicate what I used for that amount.

You will need:
*4 slices of bacon
*4lices of bread
*shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
*4 eggs
*salt and pepper
*butter (for pan)

1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.

2) Grease 4 wells of a muffin pan with butter.

3) In a frying pan, cook bacon until partially cooked but not completely crispy, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.

4) Cut out rounds of bread with a the top of a drinking glass. Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells.

5) Curl a piece of bacon around each piece of bread, placing it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread.

6) Crack an egg, remove about half of the white, and drop the remaining white and yolk over a piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks. Repeat for all of your toast cups.

7) Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking and bacon is crispy. Timing should be about 6-10 minutes. *I overcooked mine a bit because Dave will not eat runny yolks.

8) Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment