I love shrimp, and I often order it when we are out to dinner. However, I do not cook with it, and I don't know why. Maybe this is the first of many shrimp recipes to come this spring/summer! This recipe is from Gina's WW blog. I have yet to try a dinner from Gina's blog that we did not enjoy.
You will need:
* 1 1/4 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
* 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
* 1/2 cup cilantro
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* kosher salt
* 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
* 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
* 14 oz can light coconut milk
* 1/2 lime, squeezed
1) Heat oil on low in a medium-sized saucepan. Add red peppers and saute until soft (about 4 minutes). Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for another minute.
2) Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and salt to taste. Cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to thicken the sauce and blend the flavors.
3) Add the shrimp and cook 5 minutes. (Mine needed a bit longer) Add lime juice.
4) Serve topped with scallions and cilantro.