Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms = My Husband Rocks!

I think I have stated it here before, I love mushrooms, and Dave can't stand them. Imagine my surprise when he did the food shopping on Valentine's weekend and came home with mushrooms. (He also did the shopping while I was out with a couple of girlfriends. Another reason he is a keeper!) He then made these mushrooms as a part of our Valentine's Day dinner. I am still enjoying some of the leftovers from the fridge. Dave did not follow a recipe for these, but here is his dictated retelling of what he did.

You will need:
*stuffing mushrooms
*small yellow onion, diced
*4 garlic cloves, minced
*1-2 cups chopped spinach
*1 cup of shredded cheese-(1/2 white cheddar, 1/2 orange cheddar)
*bread crumbs to sprinkle in
*1/4 cup butter

1) Preheat the oven to 350.
2) Stem the mushrooms and dice the stems.
3) Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and heat until translucent.
4) Add the garlic, diced mushroom stems, and spinach, and cook until the spinach becomes wilted.
5) Add the cheese, and heat until melted. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs to help the mixture thicken.
6) Spoon stuffing into the mushrooms, and bake them on a greased pan for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment