This is one of those weeknight meals that is so quick and easy that you almost feel like it cooks itself. It was perfect for a busy Monday night. We had one of those nights where I didn't want to get take out, but it was already 7:30 and we just needed something to eat! This is another Rachael Ray recipe that I found online. The soup was warming on this cold evening, and the leftovers were great for lunch the next day. I needed to use leftover chicken stock, so I did not have quite the full quart. Try this some night when you are busy and just need something warm. It is only five ingredients, many of which we usually have on hand. The recipe says it makes 2 servings, but for us it made about 3.
You will need:
* 1 quart chicken stock
* 1 16-ounce bag tortellini, dried or fresh
(I used a bag of frozen tortellini that was about 13oz.)
* 1 bunch spinach
* zest of 1 lemon
* Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (I used shredded parmesan)
1. Place a medium pot over medium-high heat and bring the stock to a boil.
2. Drop the tortellini into the pot and cook according to package directions.
3. During the last 30 seconds of cooking, add the spinach and lemon zest into the pot. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish each serving with some freshly grated cheese.
4. Serve with bread.