Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Go-To Chip Dip

This is one of the few things I have been making for about 10 years. Even in high school and college, I would whip this up to munch on while we watched football. It is easy, tasty, and when I use fat free ingredients, it isn't too 'bad' for you. I am sure everyone has had some variation of this dip, and I encourage you to enjoy one while watching the Super Bowl next Sunday.

You will need:
(You can adjust the amounts to fit in any dish, and you can eyeball how much you'd like to use. I usually use my 13x9 Pyrex. So these amounts are based on that serving dish size.)
*2 cans of refried beans (I often use only one, because my friends aren't too fond of them)
*1 1/2 jars of your favorite salsa
*1 1/2 containers of sour cream
*2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese
*optional toppings of black olives, tomatoes, scallions, etc.
*chips for dipping

1) Layer the first 4 ingredients in order.
2) On top of the shredded cheese, sprinkle any of your optional toppings. Serve with chips.
I find that this is often best when set in the fridge for about an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment