Saturday, January 23, 2010
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
These cookies were sweet and tasty. I liked the lighter texture of them. I found this recipe on My Recipes, and I made them for a potluck event at work. They seemed to be popular because I didn't take any of them home.
You will need:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries (I used Craisins)
1) Preheat the oven to 350.
2) Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3) In an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamt. Add the sugar in gradually. Next, add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended.
4) Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in white chocolate morsels and cranberries.
5) Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom (Needed closer to 15 minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.