We enjoyed a lazy New Years Day on the couch cheering on the Bruins in the Winter Classic. We tried to get some tickets to enjoy the event at Fenway, but I think I was more grateful to be warm and have a perfect view in our living room. I made us an assortment of appetizers with some leftovers in our fridge. One thing I made was asparagus in prosciutto based on Giada's Food Network recipe. We didn't have a ton of prosciutto left, so I made some spears with salami wrapped around them. It wasn't as good, but we were hungry so it worked for us.
You will need:
* 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 6 to 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto, cut in half-lengthwise
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Place the asparagus (with woody ends snapped/chopped off) on a heavy baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss. Roast for about 15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender. Cool completely.
3) Wrap each asparagus with 1 piece (about 1/2 a slice) of prosciutto, exposing tips. Serve at room temperature.