Sunday, January 24, 2010

Garlic Lime Pork Chops with Cilantro Lime Rice


This dinner was amazing! Both Dave and I thought it was the best new dinner we have tried in awhile. The fact that this was tasty, filling, and healthy, will make it a regular in our dinner rotation. Both of these incredible recipes are from Gina's WW Recipes. You can find her recipe for the pork here, and the rice here. We have never had Chipotle, but this rice is made to be a copycat version of a kind that they make there. I cooked the pork chops on our Cuisinart griddler, and I did dry them out a bit. Next time, I will not cook them quite as long. I tend to always be nervous about undercooking! It often takes me a couple times to get a new recipe perfected to our liking. Even though these were a bit tough, we still enjoyed them.

Garlic-Lime Pork Chops
You will need:
* 4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp chili powder (I omitted this because I did not have it, and I did not miss it)
* 1 tsp paprika
* juice of 1/2 lime
* lime zest
* salt and fresh pepper

1)Trim the visible fat off pork.

2) Put the pork in a large bowl. Season it with the garlic, cumin, (chili powder if using), paprika, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice on top and add some zest from the lime. Marinade for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium heat.

3)Place the pork chops on the grill (See Gina's recipe for broiler directions) Grill the chops for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.

4) I recommend you serve it with this rice recipe below.

Cilantro Lime Rice
You will need:
* 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice (I used brown basmati)
* juice of 1/2 a lime
* 2 cups water
* 1 tsp salt
* 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
* 4 tsp vegetable oil

1) In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp of the vegetable oil, and salt. Boil the pot on high until the water just skims the top of the rice.

2) Reduce the heat to low and cover about 15 minutes.

3)Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

4) In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil. Mix together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment