Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Laughing Cow Chicken

I go through phases with Laughing Cow Cheese. One week, I love it and snack with it on celery, pretzels, or crackers. Then I leave it untouched for a few weeks and end up cooking with it. As soon as I saw this recipe on The Rookie Chef, I knew I would make it. These are all ingredients that we usually have on hand, so it made a quick weeknight dinner. This recipe can take on many different variations if you use different flavors. If you have not tried Laughing Cow Cheese, I highly recommend that you do.

You will need:
* 4 thin chicken breasts (I used chicken breast cutlets)
* Italian breadcrumbs
* 4 wedges Laughing Cow cheese (I used the light garlic herb kind)
* 4 scoops of pesto
* A little olive oil
1) Wash and dry thawed chicken.
2) Spread 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese one side of each chicken breast.
3) Scoop some pesto on top of the cheese.
4) Roll up the chicken breast and secure it with a toothpick.
5) Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Brush a little olive oil on the chicken-to completely cover. Roll your chicken around in the breadcrumbs.
6) Place rolled chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking pan and bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love Laughing Cow Cheese. I've only had the original though. I've heard you can cook with it but never tried. I'm definitely going to give it a shot! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete