Monday, December 28, 2009

Pretzel Treats


This was the first year I did a TON of holiday baking. However, these treats are something that I have been making for a couple years now. I first received the recipe from one of my parent's neighbors. Now I have coworkers and some family members requesting more! The fun part is that you can mix different flavors by choosing a variety of Hershey kisses or M&Ms. This time of year, I prefer to make them with the candy cane kisses. The caramel and mint truffle, or any kiss with a filling in the middle, taste good, but they do often ooze through the pretzel. This is a great recipe to make with kids because you can have their assistance with unwrapping kisses and placing them on all the pretzels. Thanks to Hershey's endless flavor varieties, these could be made any time of the year.

You will need:
*square pretzels
*M&Ms
*Hershey kisses

1) Preheat the oven to 200.
2) Unwrap all of the kisses you plan on using.
3) Cover a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spread the pretzels out onto the wax paper. (I do not use any broken ones. I put them aside to enjoy with peanut butter later!) Top each pretzel with a Hershey kiss.
4)Bake for about 5 minutes. The kisses will appear shiny as they are beginning to melt.
5) Remove cookie sheet from the oven. Top each kiss with a M&M and push it down.
6) Put the sheet pan in the fridge until the treats have set.
I keep these in the fridge in bags or containers until I am ready to serve/gift them.

No comments:

Post a Comment