Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lemon Feta Chicken


I am planning to enjoy some indulgences this holiday, while also maintaining a healthy lifestyle. For me, that means translating those holiday treats to more miles on the treadmill! Dave and I are also trying to eat some healthier dinners on the weeknights when we are home. Although, being home for dinner at night isn't happening too often this month! I found this chicken recipe on Daily Deliciousness and knew we would have to try it because we love feta. This was a simple, light, and tasty dinner. I will keep this recipe on file to make it again.

You will need:
* Thin cut chicken breasts
* Juice from half of one lemon
* Lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
* Feta Cheese, about 2 tbs. per piece of chicken

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish
3. Season with lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Pour half the lemon juice over pieces. Then, top each piece with 2 tbs. crumbled Feta
cheese. Pour the rest of the lemon juice over each piece.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. (I baked this for about 30 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment