Monday, December 21, 2009

Chicken Crescent Pockets


I love the ease of cooking with crescent rolls. I do not think I will ever make a crescent recipe that I do not like. So I am asking myself-why did we wait so long to try these? They are simple and delicious! At this busy time of year, I have been baking many treats. Therefore, my time spent making dinner has been a bit neglected. I have been searching through my saved recipes to find things that look tasty and easy. This recipe was so good that we have had it twice in the past month.

Source: Delish blog

You will need:
*3 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
*1 Tbsp butter, melted
*2 c cooked chicken. diced/shredded (I used 2 chicken breast boiled and shredded)
*2 Tbsp milk
*salt & pepper, to taste
*1 (8 oz) can reduced-fat Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
*1/2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed (I used garlic and onion flavored ones)

1) Heat oven to 350°F.

2) In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; stir until smooth. Add chicken, salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well.

3)Separate dough into 4 rectangles (this is done by keeping 2 crescents together). Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.

4)Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently spray tops of chicken pockets with olive oil (or use butter); sprinkle with crushed croutons. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

*I served this with broccoli on the side. You could also incorporate vegetables into the chicken mixture.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I will be saving this recipe to make next year!!! Thank you for blogging!

    ReplyDelete