Monday, December 21, 2009

Oreo Truffles


I have seen this all over the internet this holiday season. While I was intrigued, I had never tried one and wasn't sure I would like them. WOW was I wrong. These are such a simple treat that is packed with oreo goodness. Dave has already requested that I make more of these for him to enjoy.

*I do not have a source for this recipe because I had truly seen it everywhere!

You will need:
*8 ounces cream cheese softened (I used reduced fat to rationalize eating more of these!)
*1 package of oreos
*best quality chocolate-white or milk
(I also made a batch using red and green chocolate wafers I picked up from AC Moore)

1. Crush oreos in a food processor. (I prefer putting them in a freezer ziplock and banging them with our mallet)

2) Beat the cream cheese for a couple minutes to smooth out. Add in just over 1/2 of the broken oreos and mix until thoroughly combined. Then add in the rest of the oreos and mix just until combined.

3)Put some wax paper on a cookie sheet that will fit in the freezer. Roll cookies into balls using your hands or a cookie scoop. Freeze the balls for about an hour.

4) Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until most of the chunks are smooth. (I create this by putting a silver mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water) Dip frozen balls into the chocolate and return them to the wax paper.
(You may want to drizzle another chocolate over the balls or you can sprinkle them with something) *I am trying to improve in my chocolate dipping ability...

5. Freeze balls for another hour or so. Then you can transfer to air tight container, and place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment