Monday, December 28, 2009

Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes

Link
One of my favorite signs of the holiday season is the peppermint mocha latte at Starbucks. It is one of the few Starbucks drinks I splurge on. Typically I enjoy this indulgence while tackling some holiday shopping at the mall. This year Coffeemate had a peppermint mocha nondairy creamer at my local grocery store. It is amazing! So all of this peppermint mocha talk translates to these cupcakes. When they popped up on my google reader, I knew I had to try them. These were a combination of the minty chocolatey goodness that I always enjoy. This was my first time using a pastry bag to frost cupcakes. I looked up some techniques and tips after I did these (clearly, I should have reversed that order!) Even though they looked a bit messy, they were tasty and festive.

These were another wonderful recipe from Annie's Eats. I followed Annie's exact recipe, so I am going to send you to her site to get the details.

1 comment: