Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Pioneer Woman's Baked Lemon Pasta
I have read mixed reviews on various food sites/blogs about this recipe. Well our opinion-We loved it! It is different to have a lemony pasta, but both Dave and I liked the change. This will be a great addition to our week night meal rotations. This is the first Pioneer Woman recipe that I have tried, and I can say that we will be trying some more. Whenever I make these heavier pasta dishes, I use a whole wheat or grain pasta. I find it makes them more filling which holds us back from eating too much. We also had a large side salad to pair with this.
You will need:
* 1 pound Thin Spaghetti (I used a 13 oz package of whole wheat spaghetti)
* 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
* 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested (Dave was excited to use the microplane!)
* 2 cups Sour Cream
* 1⁄2 teaspoons Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
* Grated Parmesan Cheese
* Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
* Extra Lemon Juice
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.
2) In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over low heat. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
3) Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.
4) Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (I baked it for 8 more minuntes once the foil was removed)
5) When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.
I this could work with some chopped/shredded chicken added in as a protein. Maybe I will try that some time in the future...