Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken



I found this recipe on Cara's Creature Comforts and I divided it in half since there were only two of us. I left the regular amount of poppyseeds though. This was simple and tasty. Because I used the FF Sour Cream and 98% FF cream of chicken soup, this was also a lower calorie dinner. We will be eating this dinner again! We enjoyed this dish with a side of green beans sauted with a bit of olive oil and minced garlic. I also had some acorn squash I wanted to use up. My recipe for a yummy acorn squash side is also below. This was a typical fall side dish made by mom when I was growing up. Enjoy!

Here's how I adapted Cara's recipe:
4 chicken breasts
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup (Campbell's Healthy Request is what I used)
25-30 Ritz crackers, crushed
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp poppy seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste

1) Preheat the oven to 350. Cover the chicken with cold water in a medium pan. Cook on high heat until the water boils, then simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
2)Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 pan. Place the cut up chicken in the bottom of the pan. Mix the soup and sour cream. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
3)Mix the crackers and poppy seeds with the melted butter and then sprinkle over the chicken/soup. Season with salt and pepper.
4)Bake for 30 minutes.

Acorn Squash
Cut an acorn squash in half. Place in a greased baking dish with the cut side up. In each half, place 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Bake at 350 for about one hour or until the squash is tender.
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment