Saturday, October 24, 2009

My first quiche!


This is another great recipe from Stephanie Cooks (who adapated it from My Wooden Spoons). It was my first time making a quiche and we loved it! I am excited to try changing up this recipe with some different vegetables and cheeses in the future. The one change that I made was using skim milk. It still worked out great! I may also add a little more milk or egg next time to fill my crust a bit higher. I highly recommend this recipe and many others on Stephanie's blog!

You will need:
1 small zucchini, diced into small piece
6 thin stalks asparagus ( woody ends removed ) diced into small pieces
1 small onion
3 clove fresh garlic
3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
pepper to taste
salt to taste
frozen pie crust
1 tbs olive oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375.
1- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the onion, zucchini, and asparagus. Saute for a few minutes. Add the garlic. Continue sauteing for a few more minutes.
2- Once the veggies are cooked add the salt and pepper, set aside to cool slightly.
3- In another bowl beat the eggs. Add the milk and cheddar cheese.
4- Spoon the veggies into the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over top.
5- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.

I think this could be enjoyed as a brunch item or for a lighter dinner option. We enjoyed eating it for brunch on Saturday with our morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment