Monday, September 28, 2009

Tater Tot Casserole


I have a confession. I have been casserole happy lately. It is bordering on obsessed. There is just something about the convenience and comfort as the weather cools and weeknights seem shorter. I had heard of this and had never tried it. Because of our love for tots, I knew this would be a winner. I served it with corn to have something healthy paired with it. I followed the recipe I found on Lemons & Love. Although my waistline cannot afford to make this a staple meal, we really enjoyed it and I am sure I will make it again!

You need:
1/2 bag frozen tater tots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

To flavor turkey:
salt
pepper
garlic powder


1) Preheat oven according to the temperature on the tater tot directions-I too used 400 degrees.

2) Cook ground turkey, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drain if necessary. Add in cream of chicken soup and cheese. Mix well.

3) Transfer turkey mixture into an 8x8 baking dish. Neatly top mixture with tater tots.

4) Bake for approximately 25 minutes until tater tots are nice and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment