Sunday, September 20, 2009

Salsa Chicken in Crockpot



We had a very busy Sunday and needed to be quite a few places. This dinner was so easy to throw in the crockpot and have just about ready for us when we came home. I made the beans and rice recipe from the Goya black beans can to have with this. We also enjoyed putting the rice mixture and the chicken into corn tortillas. This is a simple and delicious recipe that you should try! I got it from one of my favorite food blogs: The Novice Chef

What we used:
3 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breasts
1 cup Tostitos Medium Salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream


Directions:
1. Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
3. Mix salsa, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup; pour over chicken.
4. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (I did exactly 7 hours and it was perfect)
5. Shred Chicken with two forks and mix back in with all the sauce.
I left the crockpot on warm with the shredded chicken while I prepped the beans and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment