Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blueberry Muffins



These were my first attempt at baking as a newlywed. I had all the ingredients on hand so decided to give them a try. They were simple and tasty! I have made them to take to some friends we've stayed with over the past month. We've also enjoyed them for breakfast a few times. I recently doubled the recipe to make 24 muffins.

From My Italian Grandmother

Ingredients:

2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, well beaten
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil or melted shortening
1 cup fresh blueberries


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.

Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.

In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Stir in egg, milk, and oil just until moistened (will be lumpy).

Gently fold in berries.

Spoon into muffin cups (2/3 full)

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Loosen, remove immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment