Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Caprese Couscous

How is it August?! I just can't believe how fast this summer is going by.

I made this recipe for lunch last week. The tomato, basil, and mozzarella were all leftover after making caprese skewers for a friend's bridal shower. As always, I bought way more ingredients than I needed. When feeding a crowd, I always opt to have leftovers than to have too little.

You will need:
*cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
*couscous (I used one cup)
*grape tomatoes
*fresh mozzarella
*fresh basil
*balsamic vingear

1) Boil one cup of water; add salt and stir in couscous. Remove pan from the heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.

2) Fluff couscous with a fork. Mix in your desired amount of chicken, tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella. I enjoyed this with a dash of balsamic vinegar.

This makes a great summery side dish.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I just love balsamic vinegar and tomatoes - this looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete