I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For the second year, Dave and I hosted our immediate families. Everything was great. The food came out on time and we were happy with how everything turned out. I am a huge lover of appetizers! Here is what I put out to kick off our feast last Thursday.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
And these two that I have not yet blogged about:
Cranberry Brie Pecan Squares
This is a Pillsbury recipe
You will need:
1 can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 8oz. pkg. Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce (I ended up using most of the can)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a 13x9-inch pan with olive or vegetable oil. Unroll dough and seal the seams to make a crust base in the oiled pan. Bake at 425°F. for 5 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
2. Remove crust from oven. Sprinkle cheese over partially baked crust. Place cranberry sauce in small bowl; stir to break up pieces. Spoon cranberry sauce by teaspoonfuls evenly over cheese. Sprinkle with pecans.
3. Return to oven; bake an additional 6 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges or squares.
These are an app that I stole from my friend Haven. They are so easy and tasty. Who doesn't love eating off a stick?
You will need:
1) Cut the mozzarella into bit size pieces.
2) To assemble a skewer, slide on a tomato followed by a basil leaf and then the mozzarella. Repeat to make your desired amount.
3) Drizzle the skewers with balsamic vinegar right before serving.