Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fried Goat Cheese


One of my favorite meals is the goat cheese salad at Not Your Average Joes. As soon as I saw this recipe on the Novice Chef, I knew I would try to recreate my favorite salad at home. This came out great! I made this tonight while Dave was out, and he is sorry he missed it! Luckily, I have some leftover cheese balls that can be added to salad for lunch tomorrow. These fried goat cheese pieces could be used in any salad. I always enjoy having something hot in my salad when it is a dinner. It also helps transition salad main dishes during the cold weather months.

Fried Goat Cheese from the Novice Chef

You will need:
4 oz of Goat Cheese
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
1 egg
EVOO

1) Use your hands to mix the minced garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper into the goat cheese. Form the goat cheese mixture into 1 inch wide balls.
2) Beat the egg in a bowl and in another bowl place the bread crumbs. One at a time, dip each goat cheese ball into the egg and then cover in the bread crumbs. Repeat the process to make sure the goat cheese is fully covered in the bread crumbs.
3)Heat your non-stick skillet and add the olive oil. Fry the goat cheese balls until they are golden brown.

For the salad I used:
baby spinach
raspberries
pecans
and a Raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment