Friday, July 26, 2013

Recipe Swap: Grilled Pork Chops with a Balsamic-Maple Glaze


I joined my first recipe swap! Sarah at a Taste of Home Cooking hosts these recipe swaps through our cooking board and many blogs I read participate frequently. When I saw that this month's swap was grilling, I knew I should join in the fun. So I submitted the shrimp packets only to discover that someone else had already shared this great recipe. I then sent in our basic burgers that we still enjoy frequently. I'll admit that I was a bit nervous to be sent any grilling recipe. When I received these pork chops from Sweet Beginnings I was excited. We never think to grill pork chops so this meal was a great change of pace. Our grill has been having a few flame issues lately. I'm not quite sure why the front burner is a constant orange flame. The only change I made was pouring the glaze on top of these instead of grilling with it on at the end. I didn't want to risk dealing with a chop on fire. (This is also why the picture is sauce free. I forgot/was too hungry to take another. oops) This was a delicious dinner and it came together quickly.  I think we'll be making these again soon. Recipe swaps are also a fun way to try a new recipe that I might not have originally selected. I look forward to participating in more.


 You will need:
*2 good quality pork chops (I bought bone-in at our local butcher shop)
*ground coriander
*1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
*1/3 cup chicken stock
*1 tablespoon maple syrup
*1 teaspoon dijon mustard
*1 garlic clove, minced
*3-4 strings of thyme
*1 string of rosemary
*sprinkle of flour
*1/2 tablespoon butter

1. Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Season pork with the salt, pepper and ground coriander.

2. Grill the chops for 6-7 minutes per side. Rotate once during cooking.
For thinner chops, you do not need as long. You don't want to overcook them and dry out the pork. Pork continues to cook a bit when it sits after heating.

3. While your pork is grilling, prepare the sauce. Combine all remaining ingredients, except the flour and butter, in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Then whisk in the flour to slightly thicken. Whisk in the butter until melted.

4. When the chops are almost done cooking, remove from grill. Top with a hefty spoonful of the stove top glaze. Allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. We enjoyed some of the extra glaze on a side dish of green beans.

Here are the dishes made in the grilling swap:





No comments:

Post a Comment