Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peppermint Truffles

How's your holiday baking going? I am really enjoying mine now that I get to spend the days in the kitchen. It is time, however, for me to focus on other things like wrapping and getting to the post office! This recipe is an easy variation on oreo truffles. It starts with one of my favorite signs of the holiday season:
These peppermint like oreos are great in brownies and as the 'oreo' in truffles. I used some red Wilton candy melts to do this batch, but I do not think I will use them again. The chocolate was harder to work with, and I prefer the Bakers bars taste and texture. I think I will use my leftover red wafers to drizzle over the next batch after they are dipped in chocolate.
You will need:
*8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
*1 16oz. box Candy Cone Joe-Joe's (or other mint chocolate cookie)
*chocolate to coat

1. Crush the cookies.
2. Beat cream cheese to smooth it out.
3. Combine half cookies with cream cheese. Mix until combined. Add remaining cookies.
4. Form mixture into balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Dip into any melted chocolate you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment