Monday, December 27, 2010

Gingerbread Granola

Merry Christmas! (A few days late, I know) I hope you all enjoyed time with family and friends over the holiday weekend. We had a busy couple of days and are enjoying some downtime now that we're snowed in. I was completely spoiled this year with fabulous gifts. I'm most excited about my gift from Dave- a Nikon DSLR! I look forward to playing with it as I start cooking new recipes in the new year.

I made this granola to add to some of my cookie tins and trays this holiday season. I used some of the leftovers in my yogurt, and I think you could enjoy it at any time of year. If you like ginger, then you'll like this recipe. I found this linked through a Taste of Home email that I receive, and it is posted on a Disney Family website.

You will need:
*4 cups old-fashioned oats

*1 cup blanched, slivered almonds

*1/2 cup brown sugar
*
1/4 cup maple syrup
*
1/8 cup molasses
*
1/3 cup oil

*pinch salt

*1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

*1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

*1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger (I used a bit less because I didn't have enough)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Mix oats, nuts, and dried fruit together in a large bowl; mix sugar, spices, salt and wet ingredients in another.

3. Pour sugar and oil mixture over the oats and stir well, making sure everything is evenly coated.Pour out onto greased, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.

4. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment