Saturday, October 16, 2010

Simple Spicy Sausage Dip

I made this dip for a friends birthday party, and it was another successful recipe from Annie's Eats. Because I was making cupcakes (which will be posted soon), I decided to look for a simple appetizer. Of course I was running late. It always takes me way longer to ice cupcakes than I think it will! So Dave gets the credit for making this app from the recipe below. The dip was delicious with some corn chips. This will probably make another appearance at a football get-together soon.

You will need:
*1 pound of spicy/zesty ground sausage (or break up your own frozen)
*1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
*2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
*Hot sauce, to taste

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the crumbled sausage until browned. Drain off any excess fat.

2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is warmed through and the ingredients are well blended.

3. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment