Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Greek Yogurt Chicken

As soon as Stephanie Cooks posted this recipe, I added it to my weekly menu. Loving Greek yogurt in just about anything, I knew it would be a dinner we'd enjoy. I was surprised by how much we loved it. We haven't had too much chicken lately because I tend to get sick of it. I can remember coming home from college each semester and asking my parents for anything but chicken. College was more years ago than I care to admit, but I still have a love/hate relationship with chicken dishes. That said, this meal now has me wanting chicken again! This is a simple weeknight dinner that I recommend you try as soon as possible.We paired it with some roasted zucchini topped with panko and parmesan.

You will need:
*2 thin chicken breasts (I butterflied large ones and made 4 chicken pieces)
*1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt-I prefer Chobani
*1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*1/2 tsp garlic powder
*3/4 tsp seasoned salt, we use Lawry's
*1/4 tsp pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 375.

2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, and seasonings. Stir together well.

3. Spray or oil a baking dish. Place the raw chicken in the dish and top with the yogurt mixture. You can use the back of a spoon to help spread the sauce even over the chicken pieces.

4. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes. We chose not to broil this, but you can broil it under close watch to have it become a bit brown and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment