Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Smoked Sausage Supper

January. The crash after the holiday rush, and a time for reflections and goals. I love the feel of a fresh start, but as I've mentioned before, I tend to get that feeling each September with that start of the school year and a new crop of students. Most of my 2011 resolutions are to continue with what was going well in 2010. One of these big intentions is to continue making many dinners at home. I also want to use my cookbooks more this year.

After battling the new onset of members at my gym this week, I came home to cook dinner and regain sanity. We've discovered another weeknight friendly recipe that is a nice change of pace from what we usually eat. I found this recipe on Kate's Recipe Box. I increased the recipe so that we could have leftovers available for lunches.

You will need:
*1 pound smoked sausage, coin sliced
*medium green pepper, chopped
*small yellow onion
*1 garlic cloves, minced
*
1 teaspoon dried oregano
*1 teaspoon dried basil
*
1 tablespoon olive oil

*1 1/2 cups V8 juice

1. In a large skillet, saute the sausage, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano and basil in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender.

2 Add V8 juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened.

3. Serve over rice or small-shaped pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment