Thursday, January 13, 2011

Edamole or Guacamame (Edmame Guacamole)

As soon as I saw this recipe on Carrots N Cake, I knew I'd love it. Don't ask me why I waited until January to make it. The dip was popular for Sunday afternoon football watching, and I think it would be great on wraps and sandwiches too. We had a lot of fun coming up with names for this, hence the post title. I can picture myself making this a lot more when/if the warm weather ever returns! I also love that it is made out of ingredients we tend to have on hand and that it is quick to make.

You will need:
*1 ripe avocado
*1 cup edamame, shelled (I used frozen and just let them thaw a bit before combining)
*1 lime, juiced
*1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (omitted)
*2 tsp minced garlic
*1/3 bunch of cilantro
*1/2 cup chopped tomato
*1/4 cup chopped onion
*Salt and pepper to taste

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.

2. Serve cold with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, and/or veggies.

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting. I'll have to give it a try b/c I love edamame and guacamole.

    ReplyDelete