Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Salsa Verde Turkey Burger

Wow, life has been busy. I have missed updating my food blog! We are in the process of buying a house, and we will be moving in the next couple of weeks. This, on top of the usual end of the school year craziness, is not leaving me with much free time. I am happy to say that we are still cooking at home quite regularly, and I am excited to be cooking in our new home in June! My parents already purchased our housewarming gift-a fabulous grill! I can't wait to try even more grilled recipes throughout the summer. These burgers were made on a busy weeknight, and we loved them! The recipe comes from Sing For Your Supper who altered it from Rachael Ray. I love trying a variety of turkey burgers, and these are now in our regular rotation.

You will need:
*1 avocado, halved and pitted
*1/2 cup mayonnaise
*1 clove garlic, minced
*Salt
*1 pound ground turkey thigh meat
*1/2 cup salsa verde
*4 slices pepper-jack cheese
*4 rolls
*1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
*1 red tomato

1) Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and garlic and mash with a fork until well combined but chunky. Season with salt and set aside. ( I am not a fan of mayo. I did enjoy a little bit of this with my burger. I made a slightly smaller amount and opted to top the avocado on the burger)

2) In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey and salsa. Divide the mixture to form 4 patties.

3) Grill the patties over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for about 4 minutes more. (I used my Cuisinart griddler, and I would also make these on the grill. I am not a fan of stove top burgers, but it is possible to do this step in a large skillet on the stovetop)

4) Spread the avocado aioli on the split side of each roll bottom and cover with 1/4 cup cilantro. Top with a patty and 2 tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment