You will need:
| ||1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray (I use Pam)|
| ||2 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast|
| ||30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I only use one can, which is 15oz)|
| ||3 cup(s) fat-free sour cream (I only use one sour cream which is about 2 cups)|
| ||2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, divided|
| ||8 oz chopped green chilies, two 4-oz cans (I use one)|
| ||2 tsp ground cumin|
| ||1/2 tsp black pepper|
| ||12 medium corn tortilla(s), cut into 2-inch strips (I use small ones cut into three sections. I layer as many as needed)|
| ||1 cup(s) salsa, mild, medium or hot (I put one cup in the mixture to cook and serve with more on the side)|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan (glass pyrex) with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces. (We prefer our chicken shredded)
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside. (I add one cup of salsa)
- Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.