Monday, August 31, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken


I found this recipe on the back of Stovetop stuffing that I was trying to use up. It is also located here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx

This was easy to make and we enjoyed it with a nice mixed greens salad. I changed it up a bit as indicated by the parentheses and bold below. We both liked it and I think I will make it again! (Note: Dave hates tomatoes! He liked that these were big enough to pick out but also flavored so he didn't mind eating some :) )

Ingredients

1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (Used Garlic and onion flavored)
1 package (6 oz) STOVE TOP chicken stuffing (Used 2 cups of resealable stuffing container)
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic (Only used 1 since in tomato mixture)
1 – 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast cut into bitesize pieces (I used 3 chicken breasts)
1 t. dried basil
1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzerella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Mix tomatoes, stuffing, water and garlic until stuffing is moist.
3. Layer chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in a 3 quart casserole or 13x9 baking dish. (I used my 2.5 quart corningware)
4. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment