The Recipe Critic. This dinner turned out great. It comes together quick enough for most weeknights as long as you have the extra time needed for baking. I highly recommend this meal.
You will need:
*3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
*salt and pepper, to taste
*1.5 cups cornstarch
*3 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup canola oil
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*3 tablespoons ketchup
* 3 tablespoons white vinegar
*3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
*1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
*1 teaspoon garlic salt
*cooked rice, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in one bowl and the slightly beaten eggs in another. Dip chicken pieces into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
3. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned (cooking will finish in the oven). Place the browned chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
4. Combine sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic salt in a mixing bowl. Pour over chicken and bake. Bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir at least once during cooking to keep the chicken coated in sauce as it bakes.
**If adding broccoli, cook the chicken for 20 minutes, then stir and add broccoli to the pan. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Serve over rice.