Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kickin' Chicken

Where did summer go? I can't believe it's time for me to setup the classroom for another school year. I am looking to squeeze in a few more weeks of grilling before the daylight disappears after work and the air chills.

This recipe was another Pinterest discovery. I was interested in the fact that there were few ingredients and they seemed tasty. I am so glad that we tried this. We've enjoyed this chicken on its own, on salads, and in wraps. This is a great recipe to grill marinated chicken and use it for the week in lunches and/or dinners. If you like Frank's sauce, then I think you will love this chicken. It is flavorful rather than very spicy. This recipe came from Sweet Little Blue Bird.

You will need:
*2-3 pounds of chicken (we used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I think wings and thighs would work well too)
*1 cup Frank's Red Hot Original
*1/4 cup olive oil
*juice of 2 limes
*2 cloves of garlic, minced

1. In a medium bowl, mix together Frank's sauce, olive oil, lime juice, and garlic.  Place chicken in a pan, bowl, or Ziploc bag and cover in marinade.  Marinade in the fridge for at least four hours.

2. Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade and grill. With butterflied or thin chicken breasts, I usually cook them for about 5-7 minutes a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment