Football Sundays are always a great time full of food and friends. Each week, we get together with our closest friends to watch the Patriots game. It's always a potluck as we each bring an appetizer, dinner course, or dessert. These potato slabs were the perfect game watching food. I increased the amount from the recipe I found on Mrs. Regueiro's Plate.
You will need:
*3 russet potatoes
*3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
*3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*salt and pepper
*1/2 cup monterey cheese
*7 slices of bacon, diced and cooked
*3 scallions sliced thinly, white and green parts (3)
*sour cream or Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes clean. Using a mandoline slicer or sharp knife, slice the potatoes (the long way) into ¼ inch slices.
2. Place potato slices on a large baking sheet. Season with garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper on both sides of the potatoes. Drizzle one to two tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip potatoes over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and top of each potato slab with some cheese and bacon. Return the pan to the oven and cook another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Serve with any additional toppings you'd like. We served with scallions and Greek yogurt.