I am a recipe hoarder. Seriously, there are so many items starred in my Google Reader, recipes in Word documents, dog-eared pages in magazines and cookbooks, as well as inspiration from family and friends. I love trying something new. Usually, I sit on a delicious recipe for too long, and then I am a bit frustrated with myself for not trying it sooner. That is the case with this fresh and simple summer salsa recipe. It is yet another hit discovered on Skinny Taste. If you have not checked out Gina's blog yet, then you must. She creates and shares delicious, healthy, and usually simple to make recipes. I think this salsa combination would be a great topping to a chopped chicken salad, or as a highlight in tacos, tostadas, or a burrito bowl. I can guarantee that we'll be eating this again soon!
You will need:
* 1 mango, diced
* 1 avocado, diced
* 1 plum tomato, diced
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 jalepeño, seeded and diced (I used a bit less than 1/2 from rings I had leftover)
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir together.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 20 minutes before serving. This will help the flavors blend together.