Pizza is a regular in our menu rotation. We often use the same few flavor combinations. During the height of zucchini season, I continued exploring recipes to use up the zucchinis I purchased at a local farm stand. This pizza recipe comes from Eat, Live, Run.I made this back in the glorious days of summer vacation. It was my lunch for a couple of days, and Dave enjoyed it for dinner. The red pepper flakes added a nice kick to this veggie filled slice. I think we'll be trying this again.
You will need:
*2 large zucchinis
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1 cup ricotta cheese (I prefer part-skim)
*2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
*sea salt and freshly ground pepper
*red pepper flakes
*prepared pizza dough
1. Preheat the oven to 450 . Prepare your pizza stone by dusting it with cornmeal.
2. Grate the zucchinis; press with paper towels to soak up the liquid. (There was a lot of liquid!)
3. Mix the zucchini with the mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper for seasoning. Stir well to combine.
4. Combine the ricotta cheese and garlic in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stretch pizza dough onto your pizza stone. Spread the ricotta cheese on the dough and top with the shredded zucchini/cheese mixture. Top with another touch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle red pepper flakes to add some heat. Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, or until the crust begins to golden and the cheese starts to bubble.